September 7 2018 Ohio IX Meeting

September 7, 2018 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees:  Doug Payauys, Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Luke Skidmore, , Kim Gerhart, Greg Miller, Brian Riley, Phil Maag, Paul Schopis, Marijan Adam

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved.

Membership – An application was received for Washington Electric for Associate Membership.  This was voted on and approved.  Kim will send out an invoice.  No Senior Memberships at this time.

Treasurer’s Report

CTO – Huntington turned up the port and need to start peering, which should be soon.  Cologix may not need the copper connection to the IX anymore as they are converting all their traffic to the new switches.  There isn’t anything new on the IPv6, Marijan needs to schedule some time with Brent to look at it further.

Marketing Committee – Kim fixed the auto response on the Associate Member online application.  We need some type of notice to go out to let them know they have been approved and will be getting an invoice.

Governance – No report

Director Agreements and Conflict of Interest – Nancy is still waiting on Tim to review the existing documents and determine if any changes need to be make.

Old / New Business –  

Remote Switch Operator Addendum – We discussed the remote switch agreement that Greg Dunn provided.  There are no rules/limitations noted in writing for approved traffic.  We need to make sure there is no conflict with this agreement.  We discussed what was needed to bring remote users online and what the timeline would be.  There is no cost from user to IX ($500 cost to the operator).  Brent suggested a connection fee and/or should give information on who is connecting.   We decided that everyone should look at the document and make comments to the Google Drive in the next week.  MICE’s site lists the remote switch operators and users.  We think we should do the same.

Establish 3 Person Working Group to finalize with Ice Miller – Brent Beatty, Marijan Adam and Tim Berelsman were chosen to be in this group.

Next meeting – October 12 – 9:30 at NetGain 8235 Estates Pkwy, Plain City

Meeting Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier