January 2019 Ohio IX Meeting

January 11, 2019 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees:  Doug Payauys, Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart,  Marijan Adam, Greg Dunn, Tim Berelsman, Chris Cameron, Jason Pontious

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved.

Membership – Application received for Amplex Electric submitted application for Senior Membership.  Voted and approved.

Treasurer’s Report

CTO – Racksquared is peering through Bresco (remote switch). There was  a delay in testing for Everstream.  The port had been disabled since they hadn’t been using it.  Marijan will contact them to discuss.

Doug asked about process to turn new members up.  Luke will re-send out process to everyone.  Chris Cameron offered phone numbers for Voicemail to the IX if we wanted them at no charge.

We discussed a ticket system on our end to track turn-ups.  Marijan will look into a Cloud based system.

Update on MegaPort – Brent offered to modify his connection with MegaPort so we could do testing.  He will work with Marijan to start test.

Marketing Committee – A letter will be sent to Adam at Amplex.

Brent suggested Network event for members and their staff to see where the IX is located and to become more familiar.  May do at March meeting at Cologix with lunch or apps after.

Doug suggested doing a Press Release with the new members.  We need someone to put it together and send.  We have used PR Wire in the past.

The Ohio Chamber offered to advertise us and we can advertise them.  Chris also suggested getting with analyst or bloggers.

Governance – No report

Director Agreements and Conflict of Interest – We received the forms back from Chris Cameron.  I will resend to Steve Steele and also will send to Jason for signature.

Old / New Business –  

Remote Switch Operator Addendum – Tim has agreement but hasn’t had time to set up a meeting.  He requested that someone chair this so we can get it done.  Brent offered to chair.  Tim needs to send the latest version to Brent so he can get with the committee and finalize.

Content Sourcing Committee – Brent will chair this to get new members.  Luke, Nancy, Marijan and Adam Kujawski will be on the committee.

Next meeting February 8th – 9:30 at NetGain 8235 Estates Pkwy, Plain City.

Meeting Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier