March 5, 2020 Ohio IX Meeting
Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Marijan Adam, Adam Kujawski, Chris Cameron, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart, Brian Riley
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved
Governance – n/a
Associate & Senior Member Applications – WAN Dynamics submitted an Associate application. It was discussed and the vote was approved.
Content Sourcing – Twitch, there has been a soft turn down, we need to get Peering DB in order. OARnet is key in updating this and Brian Riley will reach out to them. We are still waiting on Google; we are in the Que.
Marketing Committee – Chris Cameron, Brent Beatty, Chris Tovar from Bresco and Nancy Tiemeier met to discuss Marketing goals.
- We want to promote our members and add logos to the members page for those that are interested.
- Press releases on new members
- Kim is the current webmaster and she will continue to handle changes and updates to the website. She is working on organizing the website so now is a good time to add logos etc.
- Accent and other sponsors are having an NCAA event and will allow Ohio IX to be a sponsor at no charge so we can try to market ourselves to the attendees.
- We can’t find the old banner that was done promoting the IX but agreed that we need a new one. We will work on getting one made.
- Chris Tovar from Bresco will continue to be on the committee going forward
- Brent picked up business cards that everyone can give to promote the IX. They don’t have individual names but provide general information. They will be given out to everyone.
- OhioX is a non-profit technology initiative that has started, it might be worth us being a member. We will send some information out. The cost is $1000 a year.
- Westerville is a finalist for the Top 7 Smart Cities though ICF. They are doing an event in the Westerville DC in April and want to give us a table. He is sending information out.
- OH NUG – There are 700 members and are having a meeting on April 23rd at Brew Dog and may be worth some people attending. Ohio IX members are invited.
- We need to update the marketing slick we currently use.
- We are going to set up a Twitter account.
- We are peaking over 7 Gig
- We are looking at getting additional resources from ARIN and are working to increase our IP’s
- Adam is working with Kim on links to the graphs that can be put on the website
- We need to decide if we want to announce additional ASN’s that are using the IX (through existing members connections. This can help to add traffic which is important. We will continue discussions on this and bring it up with Doug.
- Vision CTS connection is completed.
- The IXP Manager information has been loaded. Adam will do a demo at the annual meeting.
Old / New Business
- Brent reached out to Top Golf to secure the date for the Annual Meeting. Our first choice is April 16th and second is April 22nd. We need to get the official notice out 30 days prior to the meeting.
Next meeting – April 9th at Accent Communications. This will be a quick prep meeting for the annual meeting.
Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier