Ohio Ix

August 3, 2018

Attendees:  Tim Berelsman, Doug Payauys, Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Luke Skidmore, Greg Dunn, Kim Gerhart, Chris Cameron, Greg Miller, Steve Steele, Phil Maag, Paul Schopis, Marijan Adam

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved.

Membership – No new applications at this time for Senior or Associate Membership

Treasurer’s Report

CTO – We are still waiting for Huntington to turn up their circuit.  In talks with them, they should be turning it up shortly.  Marijan will reach out to them to make sure they have what they need.  The levels are improving.  There is no usage on the copper connection for Cologix.  Marijan will touch base with Cologix on that as well.  We discussed the IPv6 issues.  Marijan is working on it but Bresco is the only one trying to use it at this point.   Once we get the issue resolved, we will reach out to HE since they normally use IPv6 as well.

Marketing Committee – Brent talked to WeConnect about joining.  They are interested in using the remote switch from Bresco when that is available.  A question came up about budget for shows and events.  We are always open to suggestions and also noted that (since we all have other jobs), that if anyone is going to a show, it would be appreciated if they promoted the IX while they are there.  It is hard for most of us to travel to do shows that we aren’t already attending.  We started sending notifications to all members that minutes have been posted to the website to improve communications with our members.

Governance – We discussed the remote switch agreement that Greg Dunn provided.  Some modifications were suggested and Tim will review with Greg and he will re-draft the document.  After many suggestions, it was recommended by Greg to get a basic agreement in place and go from there.

Tim is reviewing the Board of Directors agreement and Conflict of Interest forms.  Nancy will send the Board of Directors agreement out to new board members and the Conflict of Interest form to all Board Member to update once Tim has reviewed them.

Old / New Business –  

There was a discussion on Content Providers using the Exchange.

Next meeting – August 7 – 9:30 at NetGain 8235 Estates Pkwy, Plain City

Meeting Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier