Ohio Ix

October 8, 2020 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees:  Nancy Tiemeier, Marijan Adam, Luke Skidmore,  Doug Payauys, Greg Dunn, Adam Kujawski, Jason Gintert, Kim Gerhart, Todd Jackson, Rob Shema, Brent Beatty, Chris Cameron, Phil Maag,

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved

Governance – N/A

Treasurer’s Report

Associate & Senior Member Applications – Starry Inc applied for Senior Membership.  They are a WISP that is coming to Columbus.  They were voted on and approved.

Content Sourcing –

  • We sent our LOA to Amazon
  • We are on the wait list for Google to provide cache

Marketing Committee – The Committee met last week

  • Discussed joining groups such as OTA or ORBA. ORBA is $500, Phil will send us some information.  We approved joining these groups.
  • Discussed how to pay for things we have approved to do. Have about $2000 budget
  • ONUG – can present at one of their virtual meetings. Jason Gintert talked to them about allowing us to talk at the next meeting on November 12th.  Marijan, Adam and Jason will present.
  • They would like to publish information on our website such as blogs, case studies, etc. Kim currently has access and will provide access to Chris to add this content.
  • Discussed doing a member spotlight that discusses member accomplishments instead of just information about the member
  • Would like to purchase event materials like a new banner that we can display at events. Accent and Bresco is having an event and would let us advertise at no charge.


  • IXP manager has been moved on site. It has been integrated with S Flow from the switches
  • Have done back-ups for VM’s
  • Had issues with the switches acting as hubs, updated the firmware and rebooted
  • Arista is involved in IX provided hardware at no charge. We submitted a request.  This would provide routing options to host cache.  We may do our own routing
  • The HE router has a small issue but it is now fixed
  • Vision CTS is now peering
  • Next month – working on Looking Glass and Internal DNS

 Old / New Business

  • Tabled CTO discussion revisited – We discussed the CTO position (Marijan was not at the last meeting so tabled to this meeting). Initial discussions were Marijan and Adam were both interested in this position.  Adam withdrew his name from the table and Marijan was voted in to continue doing the CTO role.  Adam will be the back-up for the CTO if needed and will also chair the technical committee.
  • Past due memberships
  • Discussed allowing Associate members to speak at our board meetings to give them more exposure and provide a value to their membership. We also said senior members could do this as well.   Also discussed virtual happy hours to allow members to connect other than the annual meeting.  These items will be discussed at the new marketing committee meeting.

We will have the next meeting on Thursday, November12th at 9:30.  Conference Bridge will be sent.

Respectfully submitted,

Nancy Tiemeier