Ohio Ix

June 11, 2021 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees:  Nancy Tiemeier, Luke Skidmore,  Doug Payauys, Jason Gintert, Rob Shema, Brent Beatty, Chris Cameron, Brian Riley, Phil Maag

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved 

Governance – Went over the amended Code of Regulations.  The question of capping dues was discussed.  A copy of the amended and restated Code of Regulations will be attached to the minutes.

Associate & Senior Member Applications – We received a senior application for Adtran.  Doug provided information on Adtran and we voted and approved their membership.

Content Sourcing – 

  • Heard WOW is working to sell their network.
  • Twitch is peering through Amazon
  • Chris asked about connecting to other IX’s.  We looked into this in the past and the cost to connect (transport) is an issue.  

Marketing Committee 

  • We need an outbound mail  platform – there are some that are free or low cost.  We will need help with MX records so will get with Marijan to help.
  • We are looking to engage in events.  Let us know if you hear of anything or if having an event that we can be part of.
  • Clothware store –  There have been some inventory shortages of some things.  If you haven’t gotten your some things, either reach out to them or let Chris know and he will check it for you.  We still have not gotten an invoice from them.  There have been some comments on taking a long time to get orders.  We will try and stay on top of this. 

Tech Committee / CTO Report

  • They researched reverse DNS and not able to do integration with IXP Manager but could do with Google.
  • Through Google, we have $300 worth of free hosting, will need a credit card down the road
  • Arista Switches – we have the baseline configs done- we used some information we had received from MICE.  It is staged and ready, still doing testing with the IXP Manager.
  • We need to have monitoring to know when customers go offline. Brent has had a couple issues with the 40G port which should be corrected with new switches.  We are using Nagios to monitor currently
  • Databank in Cleveland contacted us- they have customers interested in IX and also remote switch.  They want us to pay transport or so if someone would provide.  That model will not work for us.

Remote Switch Agreement – changes to the agreement to get it completed

  • The address needs to be added
  • Must be a senior member,  and pay senior membership
  • Added language to operator payment schedule to limit charge they can charge for remote tenant.  Brent discussed may want to remove transport fee.
  • We moved to accept as changed in meeting.  Was moved, seconded and approved.

Old / New Business 

  • Annual Meeting will be Aug 5th at Top Golf.  We would like to have a separate meeting to prepare.  Will have business meeting / Growth/ Struggles and Tech side.
  • Adam leaving Amplex and board – taking a 6 month hiatus
  • Jason Ginhert is interested in a Board Position.  Discussed Matt Moran would also be good.

We will have the next meeting on Friday July 23rd at 9:00.  Conference Bridge will be sent


Respectfully submitted,

Nancy Tiemeier