October 15, 2021 Ohio IX Meeting
Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Luke Skidmore, Doug Payauys, Jason Gintert, Rob Shema, Kim Gerhart, Brian Riley, Brent Beatty, Matt Moran
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved
Governance – Funding is coming out and the states are determining how to spend it. There are aspects tied to broadband in the funding.
Associate & Senior Member Applications –
Associate Membership – N/A
Senior Membership – DSW – Discussed and approved
Content Sourcing – Matt was key to getting NetFlix. We will have a server directly and in our name. OCLC has shown interest. We discussed having Matt lead up the Content Souring committee going forward, he has been a huge help to this committee and welcome his help. We moved to have Matt take the lead on this committee and it was approved.
Marketing Committee – No new updates
Tech Committee / CTO Report
- We crossed 10G on September 10th
- Credit card processing has been set up through Square
- Netflix servers have been set up – was a lot of work from the technical team. There is a new Arista router
- Subspace has been onboarded – will ramp up for more traffic
- Cincy Bell just connected – need to set up BGP session and then move to production
- Have Hubspot – can use to track members
- The press release with Arista is done, we need to put it on the wire if we want. Discussed having the Marketing committee put it out. Doug proposed to pay to put it on the wire. It was approved.
- Discussed Buckeye Telecom and a possible remote switch in Toledo
- Acami wanted to talk to us regarding connecting in Cleveland, we would want them to connect in Columbus. There would be issues connecting in Cleveland.
- Suggested providing information to members on bi-lateral peering. Matt is working to put something together.
Old / New Business
- City of Bexley is interested in the IX. We also discussed the City of Columbus.
- We are still working on OARnet.
Next meeting – November 12th 9:00 am.