November 2021 Ohio IX Meeting
Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Luke Skidmore, Doug Payauys, Rob Shema, Brian Riley, Brent Beatty, Matt Moran, Chris Cameron, Todd Jackson, Greg Dunn, Scott Verbus
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved
Governance – The first round of applications to build in Ohio are submitted for $250 million through Broadband Ohio. About $100 million in the capital fund has already been applied. This may be a marketing opportunity and funding opportunity for the IX. This could help to fund remote switches or transport.
Associate & Senior Member Applications –
Associate Membership – N/A
Senior Membership – N/A
Content Sourcing –
- Emails have been set up in hubspot so they can be tracked and sent easier
- Armstrong Cable responded to mailings and may join next year
- Have talked to Massilon Cable and CS Wireless
- Rob has talked to Quill, they are deciding if going to try it
- Todd discussed doing a program with different cities
- H5 wants to build the Cleveland IX and is not promoting the Ohio IX
Marketing Committee –Nothing new t this point. Scheduling new times for the committee to meet. Jason has posted some the minutes and other items to the website. We discussed the press release on the Arista gear and gave the go ahead to pay for the press release.
Tech Committee / CTO Report
- Focusing on Netflix deployment. Bresco has had issues getting traffic through them here, it has been going through Windstream. Working to resolve.
- Traffic has been 12.98 to 13.6 Gbps with Netflix added
Old / New Business
- Bi-lateral peering guidance / documentation is done, it just needs to be sent out. Discussed doing a technical webinar on IXP Manager and peering.
- Strategic Planning – will get the core group together to discuss the next 2 to 4 years and then will discuss with the group.
- Budgeting – Need to start putting budget together for next year. Marketing group’s budget can be the same as this year.
- Holiday get together – the December meeting will be in person at Accent’s office and then going to lunch after.
Next meeting – December 10, 2021 at 11:00 am.