January 7, 2022 Ohio IX Meeting
Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart, Doug Payauys, Rob Shema, Brian Riley, Brent Beatty, Matt Moran, Chris Cameron, Todd Jackson, and Jason Gintert
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved
Governance – n/a
Associate & Senior Member Applications –
Associate Membership – N/A
Senior Membership – GeoStar Communications and FirstComm LLC – were discussed, voted and approved
Content Sourcing –
- Netflix – we are seeing 54 routes
- Working to bring in Hubspot, Massilon Cable, Auburn Essentials and Armstrong Cable
- Momentum Telecom inquired about connecting to the IX
- May want to talk to other data centers about remote switch. Brent is talking to DartPoints
- Trying to get Microsoft, Google and Alkami
Marketing Committee –
- Happy Hour – we were going to have the 1st happy hour in January but due to covid surge, we are delaying. We discussed criteria to know when can do in person events. We need to make sure that what we plan is refundable if needed.
- Discussed doing webinars – maybe start with those and do in person later in the Quarter. Topics: How to get the most out of the IX (newsletter and webinar) and a potential for new members – what is it and how it works.
- Can we sponsor something with OHNUG – Jason will check
- Jason suggested putting snipets out on the website – would need help with the website.
Tech Committee / CTO Report
- Smart Way Communications are connected, working to get DSW turned up
- Everstream – working to get them back up, they had peering issues
- Working on how Massilon Cable would connect
- We need an audit of cross connects – may need smf cables – have sfp’s for now.
- Our traffic is 14 -16 Gbps per day.
- Starry – we are missing routes – working on automated server project.
- Matt is reviewing Veam backups -looking at backup
Old / New Business
- 2022 Budget Discussion – Kim presented the budget – Expenses for 2022 – $45,355. We moved and approved the budget. We will discuss the 3 year plan in March.
- Strategic Planning – A small group is starting the discussion after this meeting.
Next meeting – February 4, 2022 at 9:00 am at IFN. We will also provide a dial-in