April 2022 Meeting Minutes

April 6, 2022 OhioIX Meeting

Attendees:  Nancy Tiemeier, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart, Doug Payauys, Rob Shema, Brian Riley, Brent Beatty, Matt Moran, Jason Gintert, Phil Maag, Chris Cameron, Todd Jackson, and Greg Dunn

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved 

Governance – Waiting on funding notice in May for NTIA

Associate & Senior Member Applications – 

Associate Membership – Deep Edge Realty – Discussed and voted – approved

Senior Membership –

Medina Fiber – Fiber to the Home – Discussed and voted – approved MadeIT – Private Cloud and MSP – Discussed and voted – approved

Content Committee

  • Working on large providers – Meta, Alkami (patched from Cleveland).
  • Arelion and Armstrong in Cologix
  • AEP
  • Riot Games – working on

Marketing

  • Happy Hour at McKenzie River on May 4th.  Can send invites through Hubspot and rsvp through EventBrite.
  • Open to more ideas for Happy hours, possibly Hamilton Ohio which is between Dayton and Cincinnati.

Tech Committee / CTO Report

  • 40Gbps peak on April 15th.   Doubled traffic since March.  Should do a press release
  • Valve cache – Cincy Bell now 40G connections –
  • Steam – new game provided 28Gbps a day of usage
  • QFX – switch will redeploy in Cleveland.  We have our own switch at H5 with Fairlawn Gig  They are providing transport.  Should put an MOU agreement in place to protect transport.  Provide information to Greg.
  • Need $600 misc gear for switch, from budgeted dollars
  • Will move Matt to new network which will be the official switch
  • Signed agreement with Veeam for back-ups (offsite).  20 virtual servers
  • Tried to bring Microsoft online but need new equipment.  Will purchase
  • Everstream re-connected
  • GeoStar just connected
  • DSW is going dark
  • First Comm now a 10G port instead of 1G
  • SFN and Path – no response

Waddell – circuit ordered

Old / New Business 

  • Broadband Ohio – 2 page Marketing brochure.  Hired Michelle Gatchell to put together and will send to Peter.  Goal is POP access in other counties.
  • Discussed past due accounts and Code of Conduct – Have controls in place so can disconnect if needed.  Will check with other IX’s to see what they have in place.  New members must sign when completed.
  • Annual Meeting – Top Golf August 18th from 1:30 to 4:30.  We need to put the presentation together.

Next meeting – June 9 2022 at 9:00 am at Cologix.  We will also provide a dial-in

Meeting adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,

Nancy Tiemeier