Ohio Ix

Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Doug Payauys, Brent Beatty, Jason Gintert, Rob Shema, Kim Gerhart, Chris Cameron, Brian Riley

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved

Governance No updates

Associate & Senior Member Applications – No new applications

Content Committee
• Apple cache – agreement looks straightforward. Need to fill out forms. Only cost would be additional power. Benefits – deliver static apple content, IOS updates, music content and apps. It would not cover streaming at this point. Regarding marketing this new connection – there don’t seem to be any restrictions but will confirm with them. We moved to approve connecting to Apple cache. This was voted and approved.
• Facebook connection will land soon. This will be bilateral peering only. Will be 100G connection.
• Discussed pushing Gaming companies. May also look at service providers

• Happy Hours – Dates needed to be pushed out, didn’t get the invite completed in time. New dates – November 10th for Cleveland at Thee Oak Barrel and November 17th for Cincinnati (Municipal Brew Works in Hamilton
• Discussed getting a banner done and some give aways
• Will look at new sources for clothware
• Website updates – Josh is working on FAQ section for the website. If things need to be updated, send to Josh and copy others on the board

Tech Committee / CTO Report
• Traffic averaging 50 to 100 Gbps. Peaked at 100Gbps with Thursday night football
• Port Inventory
40/100G Ports – 17 of 64 – 27% Utilization
1/10G Ports – 55 of 96 – 57% Utilization – If 100G ports, 20% Utilization

   40/100G Ports - 3 of 32 - 9% Utilization
   1/10G Ports - 1 of 116 - 1% Utilization

• First Communications almost done – has been a Zayo circuit issue
• IFN- switched to 100G connection a few weeks ago
• Amazon – 100G ports are completed – will upgrade to them
• Facebook getting 100G connection
• Path – We may recommission that port if no payment is received
• Fairlawn Gig – May need additional 100G port. There is an issue with transport and peering on the same circuit. It was moved to provide a second 100G port and optic to Fairlawn Gig to separate traffic since they are providing transport to the IX. The is was voted on and approved.
• Huntington disconnected their peering. Jason will confirm that they are permanently disconnecting
• Linear 1 – Hoping will reconnect, checking with Matt Moran (had been talking to them)

Old / New Business
• Remote Switch – Cyxtera at Green Meadows in Columbus. A discussion was had with Ben at Cyxterra. Wanted us to do the switch and transport since we can’t provide and SLA. Discussion on us owning the switches. We provided a switch in Cleveland and Cincinnati – it is hard to manage other people’s switches. Easier for us to manage but we would need additional resources for remote hands works and support. There if fiber into Cyxtera through CEC fiber (Horizon now). Could use a CWDM shelf instead of switch since so close. Will continue discussion.
• Broadband Ohio – need letters to support what we are asking for. Brian will check with OU. Will provide a template for what we need completed.
• Jason would like to move to a model that we own and operate the switch. Need to discuss economic feasibility – will need additional discussions. Would need budget to hire someone to help support. Continue to discuss
• Need to establish rate changes with 90 day notice if going to change. We are good with the current rate structure.
• If we need equipment, we should buy it now so we stay below the $50,000 threshold.
• Jason would like to attend the Fiber Broadband Regional Connect meeting. Requested to expense it. – This was approved. Discussed hosting a happy hour the day before the event from 5 to 7:00. Possible location – Barley’s

Next meeting will be November 4th at Cologix at 9:00

Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted,
Nancy Tiemeier