November 4 2022 OhioIX Meeting
Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Doug Payauys, Brent Beatty, Jason Gintert, Kim Gerhart, Chris Cameron, Brian Riley, Phil Maag, Luke Skidmore, Greg Dunn, Josh Rowe, Vonda Dilley
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved
Governance No updates
Associate & Senior Member Applications – No new applications
- Talked to New Lisbon Telephone and OMNI Fiber
- FaceBook is cabled up and has ordered the cross connect
- Apple caches are ordered and should be here in November
- Will check with Twitch again
- Happy Hour in Columbus with Adran – Vonda is going over the list of those who attended. Had a great turnout
- Happy Hour in Cleveland – 13 registered, still reaching out to people to attend
- HH in Cincinnati – pushing out until January due to holidays.
- Brent had T-Shirts made up that we can give out. Took them to the HH before the Regional Telecom conference.
- Setting up port in Cologix CAM for connectivity to those that want to try the IX. It is free for a year.
- A motion was made to appoint Vonda Dilley as Chair of the Marketing Committee. Was voted and approved.
Tech Committee / CTO Report
- Peaked at 111 Gbps last night. The number may drop off when we separate the traffic from Fairlawn Gig since transport is also on there
- Port capacity- Columbus 100Gbps at 27% utilized and 10Gbps is at 57% utilization. Cleveland – 100 Gbps at 9% utilization and 10Gbps is at 1% utilization Cincinnati – 40 Gbps is at 0% utilized and 10Gbps is 5% utilized
- FirstComm is up and should grow
- IXP Manager – New version with security features will be upgraded soon
- Disc that broke has been replaced
- Equipment – looking to purchase some 7280 SE switches so we have more control over the remote switch locations to go to a more facility-based model. Allows us to better manage and control the remote switches. They run around $2000/switch. Jason is putting the list together.
Old / New Business
- Remote Switch – Cyxxtera didn’t like our model of having to provide the switch. Need to look at the agreement about where we own the switch and whether they provide the transport.
- Broadband Ohio – need to do a better job explaining and why to participate and provide funding. Need to try and get them together and explain while they still have money. Still need to get letters, Brian will reach out to OU. We need a template that we can provide to make doing the letter easier for those willing to help. Peter has a quarterly meeting; Vonda is going to check and see if we can participate in the upcoming or January meeting.
- The Marketing and Tech committee need to work together and look at outside vendors and possibly do videos.
Next meeting will be December 1st for Holiday end of year meeting and get together. Checking with Horizon’s offices.