February 3, 2023, Ohio IX Meeting
Attendees: Nancy Tiemeier, Doug Payauys, Brent Beatty, Jason Gintert, Brian Riley, Rob Shema, Josh Rowe, Matt Moran, Aaron Holtz, Martin Hannigan, Luke Skidmore, Vonda Dilley
Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed
Secretary Report – Minutes Approved
Governance – n/a
Next meeting – Friday, March 3rd at 9:00 to 10:30 at Cologix
Associate & Senior Member Applications – Cato Networks for senior membership. They were discussed, voted and approved. They need to provide transport back to Cologix, will provide a list of fiber providers.
Government Committee Report – n/a
- Google – Not adding public peering at Cologix. Trying to get in deeper discussions.
- Happy Hour in Cincinnati on February 23rd at Brew Works in Hamilton. Need catering order for food by 2/10. Aaron is checking to see if we can order other food instead of catering. Will do a presentation on the IX. Will bring sweatshirts and t-shirts to give out.
- Ryan Collings from Buckete Hills Regional Council sent introductions to us with several members. Jason will also attend their next board meeting. We have interest from their members in joining the IX including Nelsonville Cable.
- Ohio Regional Council – having a summit this summer, we may want to participate in it.
- Discussed advertising in the OTA directory but decided it wouldn’t be beneficial.
Tech Committee / CTO Report
-Apple cache is live as of January 19th!
-Made changes to replication, will be able to recover more quickly next time- will install at Fairlawn Gig
-Upgraded HE from 20G to 200G
-Akamai is down, no ETR
-Grabbing more hosts to use next thursday, likely putting one in cabinet in Cleveland
-Have 5 remote ARISTA 7280SE switches in stock. Checked, upgraded and ready to go!
-154Gbps on January 29th
-Avg over 100G at peak
-40/100G Ports -19 of 64 – 29% Utilization
-1/10G Ports – 53 of 96 – 55% Utilization
-40/100G Ports – 3 of 32 – 9% Utilization
-1/10G Ports – 1 of 116 – 1% Utilization
-1/10G Ports – 2 of 32 – 6% Utilization
Getting more equipment on hand which is being kept at people’s houses. Suggested we look into a public storage location near the data center. Can get a unit for about $50 a month. A motion was made to get a storage unit nearby for equipment inventory. It was discussed and passed.
Old / New Business
- ICS – modification to 10G connection – They plan to connect through We Connect and would like it to be a 10G port instead of the 100G port originally requested. The billing will be adjusted to the 10G pricing.
- Website makeover – Discussed the website proposal from Slantics. The original quote was $4400 to update and create the new site. We had originally budgeted $4000 to redo the website so decided to have the marketing committee work with them to see if can be done for that cost. A motion was made to approve up to $4,000 to get started and re-do the website. It was voted and approved.
- Press Release – Purchased 8 – will work on putting one out every other month. The marketing committee will discuss this at their next meeting.
- Code of Regulations – need to get a working document shared on Google Drive so we can get this updated.
- Remote Switch Operator – We need to rework the operator agreement. Will put it on Google Drive so we can work on updates together.