Upcoming Meetings and Events

The next Ohio IX Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 9th, 2020, at 9:30am. The location will be at Cologix, 555 Scherers Ct., Columbus, OH

 

February 2020 Ohio IX Meeting

February 6, 2020 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees: Doug Payauys, Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Marijan Adam, Adam Kujawski, Chris Cameron, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart, Brian Riley, Phil Maag

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved with changes

Governance – n/a

Treasurer’s Report

Associate & Senior Member Applications – None at this time

Content Sourcing – Google has gone dark for now but Brent is still keeping in touch. Still talking to other possible new members

Marketing Committee – The Board of Directors has been added to the FAQ section of the website. Asking everyone to review the information. The website has been updated with new members. We need to start planning the annual meeting.

 CTO

  • WeConnect is up and peering
  • Fairlawn Gig – we haven’t had any communication with them
  • The traffic on the IX is peeking around 5Gig, Brent will send out a screenshot of the traffic chart
  • IXP Manager – we will be able to provide graphs and other information on the website but it isn’t ready yet.
  • The infrastructure has been refreshed and we have plenty of capacity
  • We need additional resources from ARIN so we can have our own content. We discussed and moved to allow Marijan to purchase additional IP’s when ready.
  • VLAN is up and running
  • Adam is checking on switches and pricing with our licensing. Adam will send information needed for Endpoint to Doug, Kim and Nancy

Old / New Business

  • Further discussion of filling the Vice Chairman Position – We continued discussions and there was a move to have Brent Beatty fill the Vice Chairman position until the Annual meeting. The move was seconded and passed.
  • Chris Cameron was appointed to chair the Marketing Committee. Nancy and Brent will meet with Chris to discuss goals and needs of the committee
  • Annual Meeting – It was suggested that we have it at Top Golf again. We would invite members as well as interested parties in joining the IX. Proposed dates were April 9th or 16th. Chris Cameron was going to check with Top Golf on availability. The official notice has to be sent 30 days prior to the meeting.
  • We discussed the Welcome Package. Adam will send some additional information to Kim and Kim is going to send out what we are currently using to everyone on the board.

 Next meeting – March 5th at Accent Communications. (This has since been moved to Cologix at 555 Scherers Ct for this month.)

Meeting Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier

January 2020 Ohio IX Meeting

January 13, 2020 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees: Doug Payauys, Nancy Tiemeier, Brent Beatty, Marijan Adam, Adam Kujawski, Greg Dunn, Chris Cameron, Luke Skidmore, Kim Gerhart and a guest Bryan Gillespie from H5 Data Centers

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved.

Governance – n/a

Treasurer’s Report

Associate & Senior Member Applications – Senior Memberships – H5 Data Center and Vision Concept Technology. Both were voted on and approved

Content Sourcing – Still working on Google connectivity

CTO

  • All services are currently being managed by us now and not OARnet
  • We have a couple 40G connections activated
  • Fastly is now connected
  • We are averaging about 4 Gb of traffic now
  • Marijan is working with Adam on the IP manager to be installed at Cologix
  • They would like to get approval for a new switch – A motion was made to approve purchasing a new switch not to exceed $15,000 (not counting shipping and taxes). The motion was seconded and passed.
  • We have seen significant growth in our traffic and next month will start showing the usage on our website.
  • Again stressed everyone needs to update peeringdb (content providers really look at that)

Marketing Committee – Kim will update the website with the new members. She updated how companies are listed on the website. If any information is missing, please send it to Kim.

Old / New Business

  • Tim Berelsman has resigned from the Board and as Chairman. We appreciate Tim’s leadership and are a lot further along than we would have been if he hadn’t lead the group to this point. If possible, we would welcome him back on the board if possible in the future.
  • Doug Payauys was nominated and approved to take over the Chairman role until the board appointments are made at the next annual meeting and approved for the next term. We discussed Brent Beatty taking over the Vice Chairman role temporarily and have tabled the discussion until the next meeting. If he does take it over, he will want someone else to take over the Marketing committee. Chris Cameron was recommended for this role. We will continue discussions at the next meeting. Jason Pontius from CentraComm also resigned from the board and there were some discussions as to who could fill that position. Amplex will take the board position. This was voted on and approved.
  • Discussion of senior member payments with the new cost structure. We don’t want existing members to pay more than new members with the older pay structure. Existing members won’t pay the new renewal fee until they have covered what they already have paid (example – if you just paid $3150, you won’t start paying the additional $1,000 until the 4th year when you have gotten credit for the 3 years at $1000).
  • We had a discussion to bring Google caching servers into the IX. Brent will donate bandwidth for a direct peer connection to the IX and upgrade his connection to 40G. The vote will be to bring the servers into the IX through Bresco’s connection. We need to figure out routing and could also need another ASN for the IX. We approved to have the tech committee continue discussions to support the Google Cache servers into our environment.
  • Discussion on H5 having a remote switch. We can provide guidance to them but the IX doesn’t maintain the remote end. They will need a Layer 2 connection and a link to Columbus.

Next meeting will be February 6th at NetGain at 9:30

Meeting Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted by Nancy Tiemeier