Upcoming Meetings and Events

The next Ohio IX Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 11th, 2021, at 9:30am. The location will be via a Zoom video call. Details will be sent to the Board of Directors. Any member who would like to attend should contact us for call in details.

 

January 2021 Ohio IX Meeting

Attendees:  Nancy Tiemeier, Luke Skidmore,  Doug Payauys, Adam Kujawski, Jason Gintert, Kim Gerhart, Todd Jackson, Rob Shema, Brent Beatty, Chris Cameron, Phil Maag, Brian Riley, Matt Moran, Mark Robinson (enfoPoint)

Roll call and Approval of Agenda – Completed

Secretary Report – Minutes Approved

Governance – N/A

Treasurer’s Report

Associate & Senior Member Applications – No new applications

Content Sourcing –

  • Reached out to Google and Netflix. Still working with both of them
  • Matt Moran will reach out to Microsoft
  • Facebook does do cache servers, we should re-look at working with them. They are bringing in  a lot of fiber in the area

Marketing Committee

  • The online store is setup and ready to go. We need to get the credits (gift certificate) out to everyone.  Chris will send the link to the board members.
  • Was moved that board members that are Associate members should get the $100 credit for all the work they have done. This was seconded and approved.
  • ONUG presentation went well, 35 to 40 attendees. There was good feedback on the presentation by Adam and Jason.  They are putting a video together that can be used to share information on the IX
  • Let the committee know if you are doing any in person events as the year goes on to determine if we want to participate

Tech Committee

  • Matt Moran has joined the committee
  • CentraCom is peering again.  They had an issue which we helped to resolve
  • Adam worked with Kim to streamline the application and technical questionnaire
  • Starry is now online – they had issues with their Cisco routers and BGP.
  • US Signal cross connect needs to be completed
  • Integrated Network Concepts waiting on H5 to connect
  • There has been some peering with Amazon. They are putting together peering information that we can send out to go over how to best peer with Amazon.  Will discuss with Marketing committee to get the information out.
  • We are consistently hitting over 10G in traffic. A year ago it was 1G!
  • Automating the IXP Manager into the route servers. Need to work with H5 to get their circuit up for the remote switch.

Old / New Business

  • Budget Development – Committees should let Doug know what they feel they will need this year. Please provide by next month’s meeting.
  • Nancy will send Doug the membership list
  • Remote Switch Agreement – Would like more specific information added. Items to discuss:
    • On ramp for the IX, not a representative of the IX
    • Requirement of membership, should they pay to be a member
    • No SLA available
    • Liability clause
    • Possible to sign that they are aware connecting through a remote switch

This will be discussed first with the technical committee and present a draft at the next meeting.

We will have the next meeting on Thursday, February 11th at 9:30.  Conference Bridge will be sent.

Respectfully submitted,

Nancy Tiemeier